Maureen Furey, Simsbury, CT

Maureen Furey, Simsbury, CT
She lost over 80 lbs!

Maureen After!

Maureen After!

Guy Nuemann, Hartford, CT

Guy Nuemann, Hartford, CT
Lost 30 Lbs in 6 weeks!

Guy After!

Guy After!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Camper of the Week!

Hi friends,

Many of us struggle to find balance in life.

For Farmington Valley Fitness Boot Camp "Camper of the Week" Susan McMann the ability to include exercise and healthly lifestyle choices has helped create a more balanced lifestyle.

Susan has a very demanding job therefore finding time in the past to live a healthy lifestyle was difficult. When we first spoke before Susan began her lifestyle change she voiced to me the need to "place her self first" for once. Well, I am proud to tell you that the strides she has made over the last 2 and a half weeks are amazing!

Susan has yet to miss one of her sessions. She is challenging her self ever session and making changes in the way her and her family live their lives.

The result so far.

Susan has lost 8lbs in less than 3 weeks!

No longer is lack of energy an issue for her. "I was really struggling with low energy levels. Exercising has really helped me get my energy back and feel good."

Susan feels this program has helped her husband Phil and their two children James, 14, and Laura, 12, create a new outlook on health.

"My husband and I have been married for 17 years. My husband and I both have demanding careers and exercising and healthy eating has really helped me find balance between home and work. This program has made all of us much more cognizant of what we are eating and how much rest we need. I think it is very important to be a good example of healthy living to my children. We talk a lot about nutrition and making good choices in everything we do. I hope that my actions will have a positive effect on the choices they make."

The aspects of Farmington Valley Fitness Boot Camp program that set it apart from all the rest has provided Susan with a new view of the importance of not just exercise but proper nutrition and rest to help create a healthy lifestyle.

"The broad scope of this program is what really works for me. It effects every part of my day. Unlike a gym where you go to work out for an hourand then leave this program encourages the participants to look at every aspect of their daily lives from exercise and nutrition to getting agood night's rest. I am cognizant of all the choices I make each day and how they impact my life and my family."

Susan has grown to love the social aspect of working her fellow campers at 5:30am. So her favorite part about coming at that hour?

"Definitely the people! The camaraderie of this group and the satisfaction I get when I work really hard to feel better is great. It is very motivating to be with people who are so focused on being in the best possible shape."

Now like most campers Susan does have her favorite exercise. So what is hers?

"The plank... Of course! This exercise is very hard for me but because it is hard I know it is making a difference. Everytime I go to class I can hold it a little longer - this makes me very proud of myself."

What further benefits does Susan want as a result of all her hard work?

"To look and feel healthy and energetic. I am less interested in what the scale says and more interested in how Ifeel. If I feel good I will look good as well."

Well, on behalf of all your campers at 5:30am and the rest of Farmington Valley Fitness Boot Camp. Susan, your on your way there!

Great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment